Save your time, money & family with your Smart Home
SAVE YOUR TIME
57% of Americans say that having smart products in their house saves them about 30 minutes per day, that’s 182.5 hours a year, or roughly a week and a half.
What can you do with this extra time on your hands?
- Work out—There are a million YouTube videos to help you work out from home. Now you also have the time to do it. No excuses : )
- Spend time with the people you love—Lift your spirits and give yourself some positive energy by spending more time with your family
- Learn a skill—Have something on your bucket list that you can’t seem to find time for? Use your extra 30 minutes to finally make your goals a reality. Meditate—Let’s face it. This year has been a doozy. Relax your body, calm your mind, and emerge a more contented person 30 minutes later.
SAVE YOUR MONEY
The average monthly savings from using smart home products is $98.30, which adds up to an average of $1,179.60 per year. Just using Smart Thermostats can save you about 20% a year on home heating and cooling costs.
What can you do with an extra $98 a month?
- Invest in yourself—A book, a conference, or an online course is a great way to invest in yourself and your career. Plus it could help you make more money later on.
- Open a college savings account for children—College is crazy-expensive these days. If you put away your extra $100 every month, after 20 years you’d end up with $24.000.
- Pay off your mortgage faster -- Make an extra payment to your bank every year and reduce the terms of your loan for additional long-term savings.
SAVE YOUR FAMILY
Security and safety are crucial for homeowners, buyers, and renters alike. More than three in five Americans claim security is the top benefit of owning a smart home. 63% of prospective homeowners want their next home to have smart locks and alarms.
How can you keep your family safe with a smart home?
- Secure your front door—There’s no better place to start than with your main point of entry. Start with a smart lock that can lock automatically every night, notify you if the door is open, and let you grant access remotely to repairmen or contractors. Add a doorbell camera and door sensors for additional security. Here are a few door locks that might be of interest to you.
- Continue with the lights—Setting a scene to light your way home is not only a great convenience, it will also keep you, your home, and your family safe when you’re coming back late at night. Going away? Set your lights to turn on in the morning and then at random times throughout the day to make it seem like someone’s home and deter would-be intruders. Here are a few smart lights you can start with.
- Set up sensors around your property —With a combination of sensors in and around your home you can know whenever motion is detected, which doors and windows are ajar, and if the temperature is getting too high in a certain room. You can also get notifications sent to your phone when unusual activity is detected and Here are a few sensors you can start with.
Are you interested in doing more with your time & money, why not start your own smart home? Take a look at our smart home shop for starters.