Benefits of Home Security Automation
Security systems refer to the use of different devices, means, and sometimes also human force to protect property and individuals from a wide range of hazards like crime, fire, loss, etc. Some of the most common security systems include:
- Fire alarm systems
- Personal safety systems
- Computer security systems
- Commercial security systems
- Home/residential security systems
These different types of security systems were once used only for shops and other commercial purposes, but they are now becoming a part of every household due to the increased rate in crimes like burglary, for instance, and the sophisticated methods used to execute these crimes. Home automation is thus becoming important as it puts control of basic home appliances and systems appliances into the hands of the homeowner and provides access at a centralized unit inside the home, or from a remote point. These homes security systems are indeed the future as they hold a number of promising benefits like:
- Safety: Home automation technologies are grouped under the home security category. These devices are purchased in order to make homes safer and more secure. For instance, motion sensors allow people to enter doors and walk hallways late at night, automated lighting prevents burglars from even coming to our doorstep, and security cameras offer benefits via either remote monitoring of package deliveries or unwanted visitors or real-time video of home inhabitants.
- Savings: Smart lightbulbs and thermostats help in energy saving, and helps you get a low energy consumption bill. To help you save in water bills, there are home automation technologies that monitor water usage, and some that even offer rebates.
- Control: End users go in for smart home devices to control functions within the home in a much better manner. Home automation technology allows you to always be in control of things taking place in your home as you will be able to know everything happening inside your home.
- Comfort: Home automation systems not only provide security, but they also help you have a comfortable lifestyle even in your home. For instance, smart technology is used by some people to play music throughout the home or to record shows. Connected devices provide intelligent and adaptive lighting, temperature, and sound, which can help in giving those at home a comfortable and soothing environment.
- Convenience: End users can conveniently sit back and relax with home automation technologies performing routine tasks automatically. Several of smart gadgets are compatible with one another, and different triggers can be set between devices in order to automate regular home processes. For example, end users can set their smart locks to turn on your smart lighting every time they unlock the front door.
- Wireless Home Security
Complete home automation systems allow you to check in on your home from any remote location, allowing you to be at peace no matter where you are. There are a few home security automation systems that will allow you to interact with your home security system, providing you with the potential to arm and disarm your home remotely. Things have become so advanced that some complete home automation systems are even capable of alerting you by text, phone email if there are any strange movements within your home.
- Peace of Mind: Finally, many consumers invest in home automation systems just to be in peace when they are away from home. Also, parents use security devices like smart cameras and other similar devices just to check on their children. With too many things going on in our lives, we sometimes find it difficult to remember whether we closed the garage after leaving left, this can be solved by verifying remotely with an app.
How Do Home Security Systems Work?
Home security systems like window/door security systems for homes operate under the concept of securing entry points into a home with sensors capable of communicating with a command center or control panel installed in a convenient location in the home. These sensors, like home door sensors and window sensors, are basically placed indoors that control the entry and exit points of a house and also easily accessible windows, especially those at ground level and those that are open. Motion sensors can be used to secure the open spaces inside the house.
An alarm that gets activated by your home security system could indicate several things: an intruder in your home, a flood, a fire, a carbon monoxide leak, or just forgetting to disarm the system. However, whether it is a false alarm or an emergency, a triggered alarm system can be unpleasant and stressful. You can stay calm in an emergency situation by getting to know how your system works and what happens when an alarm is triggered.
Step 1: Alarm activation
Your alarm sounds when one of your sensors gets activated or when you manually set off the alarm via your control panel or key fob remote. A silent alarm will be sent to your ADT monitoring station or a high-decibel alarm will sound based on how your system is set up.
Step 2: ADT alerted
After an alarm sounds, your ADT monitoring station will be instantly notified, following which a dispatcher will be alerted about a possible emergency at your home. ADT monitoring stations work 24/7, hence there will always be ready to respond to your alarm.
Step 3: Dispatcher contacts you
A dispatcher will first be notified and then they will contact you to verify if the alarm is legitimate and if it is a real emergency or a false alarm. Based on the system and service you have, the dispatcher will then contact you via your control panel or by calling you on a cell phone or your home phone to verify the situation.
Step 4: Emergency confirmed
After contacting you, the dispatcher will determine what is going on. If the dispatcher finds it difficult to contact you, they will indeed take it to be an emergency. If it is a false alarm, the dispatcher will go ahead and cancel the alarm and will not notify your local emergency response team.
Step 5: Emergency services alerted
In an emergency situation, the dispatcher will immediately contact the local authorities, including fire, police, and the emergency response team, based on the severity of the situation.
Step 6: Help reaches you
The emergency response team will arrive at your home and you and your family with all the provide assistance and support needed.
If you are planning on buying a security system, we at Vera are here to provide home control and home entertainment solutions that can be easily installed. Our home security systems eco-friendly and extremely energy-efficient, and they are built on the MiOS platform. This platform is universal and works flawlessly with all wireless and wired technologies. You need not worry about compatibility because the MiOS platform is capable of bridging ZigBee, Z-Wave, Insteon, 6LoWPAN, Wi-Fi Direct, X10, PLC or BACnet technologies.
Equip your house with the best home security system – Vera products are here to meet all your home security automation requirements.