Pros and Cons of Having a Home Monitoring Camera System
A home monitoring camera system comes in mind when one thinks about home security. It is the first sign that a home has a security system. So, it is quite safe to say that it is one of the most important feature of home security.
Home monitoring camera systems watches over your property and your life too. So, it is important for you to give time and effort in studying this aspect of home security.
It takes a responsible homeowner to have a home monitoring camera system. It is important for you to be aware of its pros and cons. Once installed, a home monitoring camera system becomes a part of your daily life.
Pros of Having a Home Monitoring Camera System
Most of the pros of having a home monitoring camera system is related to security. Pros of having one include the following:
1. The home monitoring camera system prevents crime. This is one of the most well-known functions of a home monitoring camera system. Even the mere presence of a home security camera could deter any approaching threat.
This is because security cameras are often the sign that a home has a security system. Burglars or any threat know that they will have a hard time carrying out crime if there is a security system.
You could still prevent crime even if you use hidden home security cameras. You watch what your cameras are seeing. If you saw something suspicious in the footage, you could immediately alert authorities.
2. The home monitoring camera system gathers evidence. Even if you had not prevented a crime from happening in your home, you could still do something about it. The home monitoring camera system records the crime. So that you could help the authorities catch the criminal who broke into your home.
Even if preventive measures failed, home monitoring camera system can deter crime. This is by helping authorities catch criminals who break into homes.
Some burglars even break into homes without cover on their faces. They could even be unaware of any hidden home security cameras inside a home. By catching their faces or any features, cameras will help you identify the culprit.
3. The home monitoring camera system allows you to monitor your home. The mere thought of having a home monitoring camera system is enough to make people feel secured. This is true even if crime is will most likely not happen within any day.
People will feel secured even by just seeing their property safe and sound from burglars.
The home monitoring camera system will also help you keep track if your love ones are home or not. You could check if the kids are already home or which trusted friend went to your home today.
The home monitoring camera system helps you keep things in your home under your control.
Cons of Having a Home Monitoring Camera System
Pros surely outweighs the cons in security cameras. But, it is still important for you to be aware of the cons. This is so that you are aware of the responsibilities of having a home monitoring camera system. Cons of having a home monitoring camera system include the following:
1. The home monitoring camera system may sacrifice privacy. Privacy is one of the top concerns of people about home monitoring camera system. The home is probably the most intimate place for a person. So, footage of people at their most intimate places could be a serious breach to their privacy.
It could be an issue of your own privacy as well. If you use a camera that uploads footage into the cloud, make sure that your storage has strong security.
Hackers could break into your cloud storage and steal your security footage. Find a cloud service provider that guarantees tough security measures. This is to ensure that your data is safe with them.
2. The home monitoring camera system can be expensive. Acquiring and maintaining a home monitoring camera system could also cost you a lot.
Cameras for a home monitoring camera system could be expensive. And you will not only spend money on cameras. You will also be spending a lot on monitoring equipment. If you will hire a cloud service provider for footage storage, it will also be another expense.
There are relatively cheaper alternatives to expensive units, though. And even when they are expensive, they would make a good investment. This is true especially if you keep quite a number of valuables inside your home. These valuables could outweigh the cost of a home monitoring camera system.
3. The home monitoring camera system may have limitations in data storage. Recording one whole day could take up so much data storage for a home monitoring camera system. Old models of HD digital video recorders take up 25 gigabytes of storage space per day on average. Some newer models take up to 12 gigabytes of storage space per day.
This rate will leave you constantly bothered about he storage. Of course, you need to make sure that the storage has enough space to keep recording.
But, this is remedied by using cloud storage for your home monitoring camera system. Wifi cameras nowadays allow immediate upload of footage into the cloud storage. This is keeps the SD card storage from exhausting storage space.
Do you have concerns about home monitoring camera system? Have you got plans in installing them in your own home? We, at Vera Control, offers packages and solutions to home security. If you want to learn more about security camera systems, reach us at +1 (866) 966-2272. You may let us hear what you would say at firstname.lastname@example.org.